We use some essential cookies in order to remember your session details and cookie preferences.
We'd also like to use optional analytics, performance and marketing cookies in order to help us improve the site, its content and your browsing experience.
If you're happy for use to do this please click the 'Accept all cookies' button below. Alternatively, to find out more, click 'Manage cookies'.
Check your settings and tick the ones you are happy with. For more details see our cookies policy page.
Without these cookies our website will not function properly. They help track where you are on the site and remember your login and session information as you move around it.
We use Google Analytics in order to gather data to help us improve the site and its content. All information is collected anonymously.
These cookies are used to enhance the platform overall and track errors that may occur during your visit.
Marketing cookies are used to help our podcasters understand their audience demographics. All data is collected anonymously.
We are a community of interest who believe that Nature has a long term value that should not be sacrificed to short sighted thinking. We are implacably opposed to mining in the Sperrins and on the island of Ireland.
CAMIO believes that local Communities have rights, these rights include Environmental Rights, such as the right to clean air, pure water, and healthy soil; Rights of Nature, such as the right of ecosystems to flourish and evolve; and Democratic Rights, such as the right of local community to self-government, with corresponding free and fair elections. We are safe guarding the health and well being of our communities and those of future generations by protecting our human rights to a healthy environment .
1. We have a shared vision of change creating a world that is fit for generations to come.
2. We set our mission on what is necessary
3. We wish to create a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
4. We openly challenge ourselves and our toxic system leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
5. We value reflection and learning. Following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.
6. We welcome everyone and every part of everyone.Working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
7. We are a non-violent network using non-violent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
8. We are based on autonomy and decentralisation we collectively create the structures we need to challenge as and when we see fit.