Drying off

Feb 20, 2014, 10:56 AM
C

As flooding begins to subside in some areas of the country PHE has produced a pair of ads containing key messages on how people can stay safe and well while cleaning up. This ad highlights the danger posed by carbon monoxide fumes from the indoor use of generators to dry out buildings.

Transcript: This is an important message for those of you affected by flooding

As the water subsides and you start to think about cleaning up, make sure you stay safe

Don’t turn on gas or electrics until they’ve been checked by a qualified technician

When you can, keep windows open for good ventilation and faster drying

And never use petrol or diesel generators inside – the exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide which can kill

Visit gov.uk/phe for more tips on cleaning up safely

This was brought to you by Public Health England