Brian Solis, Principal Analyst at Altimeter Group, author, global keynote speaker & digital anthropologist
Brian Solis is principal analyst at Altimeter Group (a Prophet company). Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders, speakers, and published authors in new technology, digital marketing and culture shifts.
His new book, X: The Experience When Business Meets Design, explores the importance of experiences and how to design them for customers, employees and human beings everywhere. Solis also designed the book to be an experience as a physical example of what's possible when you take a step back to rethink products, services and models in a new economy (and world). www.xthebook.com.
In the special show, that has little to do with sport directly but everything to do with business change and understanding your audience.
- How he tracks disruptive technologies and their effect on business
- How the events of 2016 (Trump/Brexit), why it happened and how it will affect marketing
- His insane travel schedule where his keynote talks are some of the most sought after in the tech industry
- Millennial's don't exist as a category and that we should be segmenting them better (being less lazy) when it comes to marketing.
- His thoughts on Generation C (connected), a group that he has developed off the back of his research. Understanding the persona's within this is key going forward
- Why he steers away from comparing like for like directly and prefers to challenge your way of thinking and see things in a fresh way
- He talks about Lego's use of anthropologists to understand their audience to better market, package and produce their products
- To plan the future of anything you first need to understand where you are now
- His highlights of 2016 and what he's looking forward to in 2017
You can find Brian on his website www.BrianSolis.com or on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube by searching BrianSolis.
We'll be back in the New Year, if you've enjoyed this podcast then do listen to some of our others. And if you can leave a comment\rating it would be really appreciated.