Nate Loucks, Vice President for Original Content at Whistle Sports
Nate is the VP for Original Content at Whistle Sports, the US sports media company (not MCN) that works with creators such as KSI, Spencer FC and the F2 Freestylers. It's recently taken on its next round of investment that will allow them to expand their current operations.
Having worked for New York Red Bulls, Blip TV and the MLS with KICK TV. Nate has plenty of experience in the content creation space and we sat down to discuss the business and trends within the video space.
- What is Whistle Sports and how it works with influencers such as Spencer
- The investment from Sky and how they re-developed Soccer AM's YouTube proposition
- Monetisation for publishers
- The story behind Whistle Sports
- If he sees what they do as complimentary to traditional broadcast or in competition
- How Nate got into content creation and his current role at Whistle
- His big break working on KICK TV from it's beginnings as part of the YouTube Originals programme
- Lessons from Nate on growing a YouTube audience
- Finding and working with YouTube phenomenon KSI
- How they use live video, such as Facebook Live, and where he sees this trend going
- And of course his answers to my 3 end questions
Thanks to Nate for taking the time out to speak to me. You can find him on @JustNateLoucks.