44: Anna Hu, co-founder of Brizi
Anna is a Marketer, Technologist and Entrepreneur focused on experiential new media. With Brizi, she's helping to uncover new methods IoT and augmented reality methods to rethink fan engagement & the future of sponsorship media.
Prior to founding Brizi in 2014 she spent time at Apple and Microsoft and has a background in mathematics and computer science.
In our chat we talked about;
- How Brizi went from idea to award winning company.
- The challenges of not only setting up a sports startup, but doing so as an Asian woman.
- Winning the 2017 SXSW Accelerator Award in Sports.
- Her panel at SXSW called “Dude, who’s monetising my fans' content?" and digging into who is monetising it and how sport can do it better.
- Her tips for people starting out on the entrepreneurial journey.
- How the experience for fans within sports is still as important, if not more so, than ever before in this digital age and sharing them with friends.
- The big question on whether fans pay for digital content? But Anna says they will always pay for experiences.
- How teams can look at revenue streams in stadia (including using Brizi) that aren't being utilised now.
- Interesting insights into the challenges of Snapchat geofilters and how teams have tried offering to sponsors but then found the price has gone up and not been able to offer them anymore. Not an ideal scenario for rights holders and teams.
- Who needs who more when it comes to sport and social media platforms.
You can find Anna on LinkedIn, Twitter (@uh_anna), Facebook and Snapchat.