Explore Kasol & Malana with Chasing Sunsets
This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to the team behind the blog Chasing sunsets - Shilpa, Roomi and Nandhini. They started off like any friends in a movie, promising to meet each other every year in a foreign land. Since 2013, they have kept that promise and somewhere along the way, an urge to preserve these memories led to the blog Chasing sunsets. Sit back and enjoy listening to their exploits in Kasol, Malana and beyond
Today's destination: Kasol and Malana, Himachal Pradesh
Nearest airport: Bhuntar Airport located near Kullu Nearest Railway Station: Pathankot
Prerequisities - N/A
Packing - Light sweaters, warm clothes
Time of the year - September
Length of the itinerary: 7 days
- Start of the journey in Manali where you could spend a couple of days with nature, some delectable Himachali food and shopping for himachali stoles, pashmina, harem pants and souveniers.
- Next stop Kasol, also known as the mini-Israel of India given the number of Israeli tourists and cafes.
- Enjoy nature walks in the valley, streams, fresh mountain air and ofcourse some delicious Israeli food.
- Tosh is a beautiful village close to Kasol that offers a lot of hiking/trekking spots, beautiful views and cafes!
- Malana is a little village about 2 hours from Kasol, and a 2.5 hour trek further.
- Also famous (infamous rather!) for the Malana cream - a hash made from heirloom cannabis grown in this remote area of the Parvati Valley.
- Malana is also known as an aryan village, where the locals believe themselves to be the descendants of Alexander the great.
- Locals prefer not to mingle with the outside world and do not touch outsiders
- Listen to the interesting story of the goat justice!
- Lastly, listen up to some fun stories and useful advice from Shilpa and Nandhini!
Links to the blog: http://www.chasing-sunsets.com/
Links to the blog posts: http://www.chasing-sunsets.com/2014/05/05/a-guide-to-kasol-india/ http://www.chasing-sunsets.com/2016/12/27/malana-village-high-parvati-valley/
More about the Guest: http://www.chasing-sunsets.com/about/
Email: Chasingsunsetstheblog@gmail.com Instagram : @chasingsunsetstheblog Twitter: @chasingsunsets1 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChasingSunsetstheblog
If you like our work you could follow us on : Twitter- http://www.twitter.com/musafirstories Website - www.themusafirstories.com Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
#TheMusafirStories #travel #Vacation #India #Podcast #Kasol #Malana #Tosh #Manali #Himachal #ParvathiValley #Valley #Nature #TreeHouse #MalanaCream #Cannabis #HillStation #Café #holiday #MiniIsreal #Hebrew #ChasingSunsets