Episode #342: A History of Magic
Oct 23, 2017, 03:06 PM
- Welcome Slug Club member Irvin!
- Cursed Child tickets go on sale and we're left in the dust!
- Until Katy (and her husband) come to the rescue!
- We discuss ticket prices - why were no special offers made for people buying both Parts 1 & 2?
- Listeners share their Cursed Child ticket buying experiences
- We review Harry Potter: A Journey Through A History of Magic
- The book details the exhibition currently at the British Library
- It feels like touring a museum (in a good way)
- We explore the original synopsis JKR sent to Bloomsbury
- The Harry Potter world owes a lot to then 8-year-old Alice Newton
- Ghost panels, statues, a selection committee of professors - the Sorting Hat that almost wasn't!
- Fudge and Vernon Dursely were originally going to be coworkers? WHAT?!
- We look at JKR's early list of Hogwarts professors: Enid Pettigrew, Oakden Hernshaw, Mopsus?
- Harry and Ron almost met the merpeople in Chamber of Sercrets!
- Steve Kloves shares his story and how judging a book by its cover almost cost him the films
- Quizzitch: In Prisoner of Azkaban, what does Snape task students with in their year-end lesson?
- Voicemails on Grindelwald and Wizarding World theme park