A spotlight on developing elite performance in Japanese Rugby
Season 1, Episode 10, Sep 26, 2018, 08:17 AM
In this episode Kitman Labs' performance scientist John Dams talks with Hitoshi Ipponsugi, Head of Performance for Toyota Verblitz about the state of rugby in Japan.
Key topics covered in this podcast include:
- The unique relationship between elite sport and the corporate businesses who manage the Japanese Rugby Top Teams.
- How to develop athletes into elite athletes when they were not fostered in an academy system.
- Why it's important to look outside of your own country to continue you personal development.
- How Japanese Rugby is rising to the challenge of the upcoming 2019 World Cup.
- And lastly how Kitman Labs has helped Toyota Verblitz to enhance on-field performance.