Running Your First Ironman Triathlon: An Interview with Tom Parling
Let's put all the cards on the table: running a full Ironman is incredibly hard. Not only has Tom recently completed one, but he pulled off months of rigorous training while simultaneously running his own social media company.
Download the Script
Here you have access to the script that I use to record each episode. This is not a complete word-for-word transcript, though it does provide you with a detailed account of what I do to produce every episode of this podcast. If that sounds even the slightest bit interesting, then go ahead and download the script.
The Tip of the Week
Today’s tip is my response to a listener question and what to eat on long runs: real food.
- Laura ::: How can I accomplish a lot each day and still get to bed on time?
- Raw Vegan Running Recipes [blog post]
- Vega ::: Plant-Based nutrition for athletes
In this episode, I interview Ironman Triathlete and Entrepreneur, Tom Parling. We discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Who is Tom Parling?
- What is Ocere?
- What is it really like to run your first Ironman?
- How much training is involved?
- Which segment of the race is most difficult?
- How can a newbie get started today?
- What is your typical daily schedule like?
- Ocere ::: a leading global provider of search marketing, digital marketing, and online strategic consulting to enable businesses to get optimum benefit from the Internet.
- Ironman Triathlon ::: easily one of the hardest races on the planet
- Next week's episode will be an interview with Plant-Based Marathon Runner, P.J. Murphy from RunYogaThrive.com.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate my podcast in iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks a bunch!
Question: Are you considering running your first triathlon? How about a half or full Ironman? Let me know in the comments below.