Creative Finance | Guest Host: Simon Drew
In this weeks episode, Simon Drew steps in for Tom as he is in sunny Columbia hiding from the harsh winter. Adam & Simon discuss creative ways to finance property deals and run through a number of real-life case studies.
With vast experience and knowledge surrounding commercial and development proposals Simons out of the box thinking enables him to provide solutions to some of the most complex funding requirements.
A regular speaker at the Property Investors Network meetings and recently presented a talk on creative finance at a Progressive Property seminar.
- Case Study 1: Buying at auction & using the open market valuation rather than the purchase price to secure finance.
- Case Study 2: How to get a mortgage on an unmortgageable property.
- Case Study 3: How 'cross securitisation' works on large development deals.
- Case Study 4: How 'cross securitisation' works on turning a 3 bed terraced house into a 5 bed house of multiple occupancy (HMO).
- Case Study 5: The bank of grandma and grandad. How people are cascading wealth and investing tied up equity into property.
Simon explains how to reduce the risk of getting a down-valuation with the use of valuation packs.
For more from the Property Investors Podcast follow us on twitter/instagram @PodcastProperty or join our community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/propertyinvestorspodcast