S1EP4 - Personal Finances/Student Debt
Everyone's worst nightmare is it not? Episode 4 discusses the break in the bank. Hosted by Yunus Skeete with guest speakers Mali Gunter, Cem Gurhan and Veer Shah.
- A minimalists approach to finance - Matt D'Avella
- "...what you deserve is to not be in debt, what you deserve is financial freedom" - Matt D'Avella
- Be aware of "lifestyle creep" - increased income should not necessarily always correlate to increased spending. Finding a comfortable level of living and maintaining that, regardless of pay rises, allows us to build the financial buffer needed to absorb those rainy days or build towards a better financial future.
- Knowing when you are most vulnerable financially and protect yourself. Be it from pay day, student finance incoming or the winter sales.
- Viewing money as an enabler, what doors are you shutting further down the line with your spending habits today?.
- From the most basic investment that ticks the boxes, does this extra expenditure really provide any additional value, or would extra value be achieved by having more money in your bank account further down the line?
- University of Bristol Student Finance - For advice on student finances, budgeting and emergency loans.