Turning Adversity and Problems into Vision and Solutions with Tamika Smith
Tamika is an inspirational individual and entrepreneur who has created two fast growing companies and is also driven by a strong purpose. Despite challenges and trauma early in life she made the CHOICE to create a different future to what was playing out at the time. We covered a lot on the podcast including:
· How hurdles and adversity have been turned into opportunities including a bout of chronic fatigue
· How she has used journaling and daily reflection to increase her consciousness about what’s working well, and what needs to be worked on
· How she is shining a light on woman globally and assisting with social housing initiatives
· What attributes took her to become Metricon’s No 1 salesperson at a very young age
· Moving her drivers from Fear to Love
· Advice for my young 9 year old daughter Sophie
· How she has grown herself as a person
· What daily habits she practices to get the most out of herself
There is no surprise that Tamika become the Gold Coast Business Woman of the Year in 2017 and become a finalist in 2018 for the Australian Construction awards for “woman in construction”. Tamika is driven, inspirational and committed to leaving a positive legacy and I’m sure that she will continue to achieve great things in the future.
Jump over to www.top100women.com.au and stay tuned to what Tamika & her team are building behind the scenes for Women & girls in what is known to be the largest male dominated sector in the World.
Books discussed in the episode:
Tools OF Titans - Tim Ferris
The Rise and Rise of Kerry Packer- Paul Barry
Power of Love