This week the boys are joined by Tony Webster, who is not only an absolute sales master but also the Father of Tom. In this episode we find out how Tony went from growing up with dyslexia to setting up and building multi-million-pound businesses.
Tony has trained his sales teams over the last 20 years with a sales strategy called the ‘7 Point Sales Process’. There are 100s of sales books and sales strategies, but Tony’s 7 Points are simple and effective.
In this episode we cover a range of topics including:
· Tony’s upbringing and growing up with dyslexia.
· Career path from digging holes, furniture removals, sales and setting up a businesses.
· Tony’s experience with a ‘sell me this pen’ interview in the 1980’s.
· How cold-calling set Tony a part from his colleagues in banking.
· When Tony sat down with one of Britain’s richest men who famously brought adverse lending (sub-prime mortgages) to from the USA to the UK in the early 1990’s.
· Early entrepreneurial experiences with prawns & the famous ‘plastic buckets’.
· Tony’s first business that he set up, sold (management buy-out) and set up the next.
· Experience with Venture Capital funding. Advice on the process of raising money.
· Disrupting financial service with FinTech pre-credit crunch.
· A discussion and education of the ‘7 Points Sales Process’. Making Sales a Profession.
· Case study on: David Lloyds poor sales process.