#5x20: Adversity Scores, BatPatz, Moving More
- It’s Andrew’s 30th eve here on #Millennial - we’re so glad he joined us for the final days of his youth!
- We kick the episode off with Surprise Bitch! and listener Irwin plays a fun game with us: can we name all 23 Democratic candidates for President?
- Preview of the game: “The other old white man whose name I’m forgetting.”
- Since we’ll be off for Memorial Day, we hit a number of messages from the mailbag: first kisses, eating disorders, Sonic the hedgehog, heartbeat bills, sexism in athletics, and veganism.
- The College Board, the non-profit that administers the SAT, has announced a new score to be used alongside the traditional scoring method: The Adversity Score. Aimed at leveling the college admissions playing field, there are pros and cons to this new unit of measurement.
- Pam reminds us that Robert Pattinson could be the new Batman and the internet is shook. Laura says give him a chance!
- Studies show it is possible to see health and weight loss results simply by inserting small changes into your daily activity. Andrew shares some personal anecdotes and the ladies make small goals.
- How many calories do you burn from sex? Depends if you’re a top or bottom.
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and use code MILL to get your first week of therapy free), Cove (https://www.withcove.com/MILL to get your doctor consultation and first month of treatment for just $30), and FabFitFun (https://www.fabfitfun.com and use promo code MILL for $10 off your first box). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- The EPA has approved antibiotic pesticides (bactericides) for mass use on the country’s orange groves to fight a bacteria that is hampering citrus growth. The FDA and CDC have warned that doing so could create drug-resistant superbugs in humans.
- Uber has introduced a slew of new ride preference features, including “quiet mode.” Is it possible to toggle this on if your driver becomes annoying partway through a ride?
- If you’re bougie AF you can also opt for the following features: consistent vehicle quality, extended pickup period, luggage assistance, and temperature control.
- What is the optimal smell for an Uber? A happy balance between “pine tree freshener massacre” and “smells like a fart.”