This week the boys met with the CEO of the online letting agent and property management company ‘Howsy’, Calum Brannan. Calum was always destined to be successful, setting up his first successful business aged 15.
This week the boys met with the CEO of the online letting agent and property management company ‘Howsy’, Calum Brannan. Calum was always destined to be successful, setting up his first business aged 15.
In this episode we really go into how PropTech is revolutionising the lettings market and how Calum’s business is at the forefront of this.
· How Calum set up a social network for clubbers at age 15 as a crafty way to get into bars and clubs and his experience with a Dragon from Dragons Den.
· At age 19, Calum launched his own software which he sold into Police forces and Banks.
· Purchased his first property at age 18 and quickly became a landlord.
· The story of how Howsy was born and how they’re revolutionising property management for landlords using technology.
· What is Howsy and what is its unique selling points.
· Calum’s opinion on online estate agencies following the recent negative news story’s.
· Discussion on the ‘tenant fee ban’ and Calum’s opinion on how this will affect the market.
· The current state of play for Howsy and how they’ve grown to 75 people across 3 offices in 3 years!
· The future of Howsy and their international aspirations.
· Calum’s management style and the trust his places with his staff.
· Future projections and predictions of the market in general.
· The process the team went through to raise Venture Capital funding.
· Where Calum wants to be in 5 & 10 years time.
· Calum’s three golden rules on how to be successful.