After moving to LA from Kansas at the age of 20, Jeremiah Watkins has become one of the most influential players in the LA comedy network. I've been a fan of Jeremiah's since seeing him in action on the Roast Battle's wave a few years ago. He is hands down one of the most dynamic performers I have ever seen and breaks down how how he does it on this week's episode. Not only can he kill a stage but also runs some of the most popular shows at The Comedy Store.
Must Hear Moments:
- Moving to LA from Kansas at age 20
- Navigating the LA comedy scene
- Training with Keegan Michael Key at Second City
- Making comedy a full-time job
- The real hustle of comedy
- Bombing in front of friends
- Comedy Store stories
- Celebrity personality traits
- How to create characters live on stage
- Why all comics should learn improv
"I never thought I'd get upset to be bumped by Dave Chappelle."
"Jeff Ross always says three words, enjoy the process."
"Not having an ego pays off."
"I remember Keegan Michael Key telling me about pitching Key & Peele to Comedy Central."
"Coming from Kansas, I thought you had to be 21 to do stand-up comedy."
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN STARTING YOUR OWN PODCAST, JOIN JOEL'S ONLINE PODCASTING COURSE HERE:
GET $10 OFF WITH COUPON CODE: HOTBREATHPOD
If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep sharing comedy mastery to you every week!