Catriona Ward, author of Shirley Jackson Award nominated Little Eve
Peter speaks to Catriona Ward about her novel Little Eve, writing short stories, and the importance of setting in her writing.
Topics discussed in this interview include:
- The pleasure and utility of writing and publishing short stories
- The joys of getting writing away from home in new environments
- Ward's second novel Little Eve
- The importance of setting in Ward's fiction (and why setting might not always matter)
- Teaching in writing workshops
Visit the accompanying article on sublimehorror.com to find links to Catriona Ward's novels, the short story collections she's contributed to, Peter's interview with her from 2015 shortly after the publication of her debut novel, as well as the writing workshops she's involved with.