Using Scotland's land registers to find title sheets, house prices and more
Registers of Scotland underpins the process for each and every property purchase in Scotland, but for the average person buying their home, much of this is handled by solicitors and other legal professionals. However, the information on our registers is important to all homeowners, whether it’s about knowing your property boundaries or what happens when you buy or sell a home.
That's why we’ve created our simple guides, and in this podcast we’ll take a closer look at what they tell you and why property information is so important.
You'll find out more about the information we hold on our registers, like:
- The ins and outs of a title sheet (02:30)
- Burdens and securities (04:02)
- How to get a copy of your title sheet? (07:00)
- What does land registration involve? (08:34)
- What are advance notices? (11:27)
- What happens when a property changes owner? (13:10)
- What are boundaries? (14:32)
- What if your property is on the Sasine Register? (17.30)
- What is the land register? (20:35)
- What doesn't a search sheet tell you? (22:49)
- Why land registration matters? (24:00)