Special 2 part Podcast with TV Presenter and Architectural Designer Charlie Luxton. In these episodes we have a very diverse conversation but with a real focus on sustainability and the responsibility developers have to the communities they build for and the environment as a whole.
This week Tom & Adam are joined by the super knowledgeable Charlie Luxton. Charlie is famously known for his work on Treehouses (Sky One), Homes by the Sea (More4) and more recently London’s Great Bridges: Lighting the Thames (Channel 4). Where he Charlie follows the team behind The Illuminated River project who are on a mission to deck out 15 of London’s iconic bridges with lights, over 100,000 of them, transforming a five-mile stretch of the river Thames into a fantastical nightly light show.
In this Podcast we have a very diverse conversation with Charlie but with a real focus on sustainability and the responsibility developers have to the communities they build for and the environment as a whole.
In this episode we cover a range of topics including:
· A audio tour of Charlies self-build home in which the podcast was recorded.
· Charlies upbringing, where he grew up and what made him stay in the U.K.
· What Charlies business ‘Charlie Luxton Design’ does and what makes them different.
· His work over the last 20 years in TV and his current project filming ‘London’s Great Bridges: Lighting the Thames on Channel 4. Which is now available to watch on-demand.
· A conversation on the return on investment by building things like schools and hospitals properly.
· Recent announcement from the government regarding the ‘Almost Zero by 2050’ – and will this help? Is it enough?
· What quick wins can the Average Joe do to be more energy efficient at home?
· The clever way in which Charlies home heats and cools itself naturally through clever design.
· The technology behind Charlie’s home and a conversation on the smart home revolution.