This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to Deenaz Raisinghani, a backpacking mom who has been traveling around the world with her little kiddo!
Today's destination: Parvati Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport or Chandigarh Airport
Nearest Railway Station: Pathankot Railway station
Prerequisites - NA
Packing - Your usual winter gear along with other essentials for travelling with a kid.
>Also make sure to take care of the baby's eating, sleeping and pooping schedules!!
>Travel as light as possible.
>Travel a baby carrier
>Emergency medications for the family
>Handy snacks for the journey
Time of the year - June (Feb to Jun is a good time to travel)
Length of the itinerary: 10 days
- The trio of Deenaz, Arianna and the dad start from Ambala for this 10 day road trip.
- Parvati Valley is situated in the state of Himachal Pradesh and covers the region where the river Parvati and Beas meet and pass along a bunch of villages like Jari, Tosh, Kasol, Malana, Manikaran amongst others.
- The valley has some great views of the mountains and the forests and some hot springs too!.
- The first stop is at a little town called Jari, in a homestay that is right by the river alongside a village called Baladi. Reaching the homestay involves a bit of a trek and crossing a bridge, but is definitely manageable.
- Day trips from here to places like Tosh are a great option that offers great cafes and views of the mountains, but be prepared for the crowds!
- Another option is day treks to close by villages like Baladi that have some wonderful treks and offer an opportunity to interact with the local Himachali people.
- It's a good idea to get a buffer day if there are any sick days during the trip.
- After spending a few days at Jari, and doing day trips, the family decides to experience camping near Kasol - Arianna's first camping trip!
- More hiking expeditions this time trekking via Chalal and Katagla, and a trip to Kasol town.
- There are other options like Kheerganga, Pin Parvati pass, Malana, Grahan Village and other multi-day treks that one can indulge in and enjoy the verdant valley!
- Deenaz also shares little tidbits about interactions with the locals as well as a little adventure of getting the local brew of Himachal - the Lugdi!
- Finally, Deenaz shares some quick tips about inculcating travel in kids at an early age, the challenges and how to overcome them! Listen on!