Today on the show Jodi interviews Jess Freeman of Jess Creatives, about book covers. Here are some highlights:
- Jodi and Jess talked about the cover as the first impression of a book (and how books ARE judged by their covers!).
- Jess shared how she became interested in book design.
- Jess offered some resources for DIY-ing a book cover if a custom cover isn’t in the budget.
- Jess stressed the importance of the cover looking good/readable in thumbnail format.
- Jess shared a couple favorite book covers, both that she designed and that she didn’t.
- Jess let us know that she just finished Superfans by Pat Flynn and is starting The Decision Maker by Dennis Bakke.
Listen here or on your favorite podcast player, and let me know what you think!
Find Jess here: