Khajuraho with Tarun & Pournima
#Khajuraho #MadhyaPradesh #temples #architecture #erotic #sculptures #architecture #history #folklore #religion #UNESCO #heritage #cycling #walking #tour #museum #spirituality #sex #taboo #archaeology
This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to Tarun and Pournima, two of our dear listeners and two budding doctors about their trip to Khajuraho!
Today's destination: Khajuraho, MP
Nearest Airport: Khajuraho airport
Nearest Railway Station: Khajuraho or Mahoba station
Prerequisites - n/a
Packing - Make sure to pack according to the weather as summers can be hot.
Time of the year - November
Length of the itinerary: 3 days
- Tarun and Pournima set off on a 3 day itinerary to explore the myths and truths around the UNESCO world heritage site - Khajuraho
- The duo talk about the motivation and inspiration for their travel to Khajuraho and the background of the famed temples of Khajuraho that are home to some erotic sculptures.
- Day 1 is spent relaxing and visiting Matangeshwar temple, perhaps the only functional temple in the region.
- Day 2 was a busy day right from the morning starting off with a visit to the Western temple complex, the most well maintained and elaborate group of temples. The Western group of temples comprises of Kandariya Mahadev temple, Lakshmana temple, Jagadambi temple, Vishwanath temple, Chitragupt temple and smaller temples of Varaha and Nandi.
- Tarun and Pournima also talk extensively about the backstory of some of the sculptures. Must utilize the services of a guide to get the most out of this visit.
- There is also an Archaeological museum close to the Western group of temples that is a must visit.
- Eastern group of temples include a Jain group of temples along with Jowari temple, Vamana temple among others.
- Chaturbhuj temple - the only temple facing west and Dulhadev temple are a part of the southern group of temples. The duo also visit the sound and light show in the evening to cap off a very fruitful day.
- Day 3 is more about revisiting some temples and photography before heading back to Nagpur.
Link to the blogpost: https://www.tripoto.com/trip/khajuraho-where-sex-is-sacred-5cbcdc86a6906
Link to the blog: https://www.tripoto.com/profile/tarunasati1272653
IG: @pournima.kole @tarun_asati
Image by Rinki Lohia from Pixabay
Follow The Musafir Stories on
Twitter : https://twitter.com/musafirstories?lang=en
itunes - https://apple.co/2LPtTA3
Google podcasts - http://bit.ly/2toY7lj
website - http://bit.ly/2xFZqOV
Saavn - https://bit.ly/2J5rIqi
Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2HLPSVi
pocketcasts - https://bit.ly/2xu3Ewg
castbox - https://bit.ly/2sqBDQi
Gaana - http://bit.ly/2NClUYY
Overcast - https://bit.ly/2LN9wnf
Stitcher Radio - https://bit.ly/2JiBbhw
audioBoom - https://bit.ly/2oZZowS
TuneIn - https://bit.ly/2xyQH4a
RadioPublic - https://bit.ly/2snY9u0
iHeartradio - https://ihr.fm/2xvOG8R
Deezer - https://bit.ly/2L7GmOo