Episode 5: Big Granty - Royal Marine, Bodyguard, World Champion Body Builder
- Born and raised in South Africa and living through the Apartheid years
- Moving to the UK and joining the Royal Marines
- Highs and lows of life during Royal Marines training and overcoming physical and mental boundaries
- Mental health challenges upon leaving the Royal Marines
- Working in the maritime security sector
- Carving his physique and future during the boredom of maritime security
- Moving from Maritime Security to the Close Protection sector and guarding Royalty, Celebrities and High profile clients from all over the world
- Taking his hobby of bodybuilding to the next level
- Goal setting
- Mindset into overdrive!
- Becoming a retained Firefighter
- "Be stronger than your weakest excuse"
- 24 hours in a day; USE IT!
- Support from Family
- Setting an example and following your dreams
- "Be the hardest worker in the room; even if you're the only person in the room"
- Winning Miami Pro Universe
- Pro Card and winning the 'Pure Elite' World Championships
- Dealing with the sudden death of his sister
- Helping others with their mental health
- Looking forward to the World Championships in Bahamas
Episode web links:
- Instagram @big_granty
Need some support:
Wild Ones Podcast Links:
- Website https://www.wildonespodcast.co.uk
- Patreon https://www.patreon.com/join/3482171/signup
- Twitter https://twitter.com/wildonespodcast
- Instagram https://instagram.com/wildonespodcast
- Facebook https://m.facebook.com/wildonespodcast/
In loving memory of all those we have lost along the way