EPISODE 11: Sam ‘Sampson’ Murray - Chasing New Highs
Sam ‘Sampson’ Murray was a Royal Marine who left to work in the private Security Industry after a very random night out!
After years of chasing the dream Sam turned to hardcore drugs which, with stress, has caused many mental health lows & bowts of depression.
Recently Sam had an epiphany, found the ‘Wim Hoff Method’ of breathing relaxation and started his own outdoors & cold water immersion therapy.
Positivity now rules and Sam is on a mission to help the world, especially other veterans!
- Green screen fun
- Growing up in Marple Bridge with Dad away a lot as a deep sea diver (formerly in the Special Forces)
- Joining the Royal Marines at 16
- Partying with Prince, Wesley Snipes & the Mafia in Maimi in a case of mistaken identity!
- Becoming a ‘Body Guard’
- From a Canadian Powwow to the Philippines & civil war
- Returning to the UK & turning to partying, drink & drugs
- Poor lifestyle choices & mental health issues
- Op Spartan
- Chasing new highs with Wim Hoff & cold water
- The future, including NLP, CrossFit & YouTube Channel “It’s Better Than Milk”
- The power of positivity
- Recognising & controlling the lows
Episode web links:
- Sam’s YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXlO9b7aJZw4LMdp2hEY0OQ
- Wim Hof YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/wimhof1
- Op Spartan Facebook https://www.facebook.com/opspartan/
Wild Ones Podcast Links:
- Website https://www.wildonespodcast.co.uk
- Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=26917553
- Twitter https://twitter.com/wildonespodcast
- Instagram https://instagram.com/wildonespodcast
- Facebook https://m.facebook.com/wildonespodcast/