Welcome to yet another exciting initiative by MIT ID Innovation Programme. Welcome to BOOKMARKED, an intellectually-stimulating series of book-reading sessions of Innovation Bestsellers. The virtual book-reading sessions will take place, every Friday, 4 pm - 5 pm.
About the Author of this Innovation Bestseller :
- Writer, historian, and activist Rebecca Solnit is the author of 18+ books. Here are a few commendations 🙂
- “One of the best books of the 21st century.” —The Guardian
- “No writer has better understood the mix of fear and possibility, peril and exuberance that’s marked this new millennium.” —Bill McKibben, New York Times–bestselling author of Falter
- “An elegant reminder that activist victories are easily forgotten, and that they often come in extremely unexpected roundabout ways.” —The New Yorker
About the 2nd Book in our series :
A book as powerful and influential, Hope in the Dark was written to counter the despair of activists at a moment when they were focused on their losses and had turned their back to the victories behind them and the unimaginable changes soon to come. In it, she makes a radical case for hope as a commitment to act in a world whose future remains uncertain and unknowable. Drawing on her decades of activism and a wide reading of environmental, cultural, and political history, Solnit argues that radicals have a long, neglected history of transformative victories, that the positive consequences of our acts are not always immediately seen, directly knowable, or even measurable, and that pessimism and despair rest on unwarranted confidence about what is going to happen next. Now, with a moving new introduction explaining how the book came about and a new afterword that helps teach us how to hope and act in our unnerving world, she brings a new illumination to the darkness of our times in an unforgettable new edition of this classic book.
Head of the Innovation Programme, Associate Professor Harshit Desai, a PHD Research candidate, an Industry professional who has spent a decade+ in the Education domain will be in conversation with our Guest reader & Innovator, Mr Shekhar Badve,
For those who are joining us for the first time today, I’d like to inform you that :
- MIT stands for the 4 decade old Maharashtra Institute of Technology.
- ID stands for MIT’s 15-year-old pioneering Institute of Design.
- MIT ID’s 1-year Innovation Programme focusses on the 4 pillars of Design, Business, Technology, Humanities.
- The key features & differentiators of this 1-year course are Immersions, Project-based Learning and Humanities.
This is our 29th Industry interaction this season and I, Priya Dhawan, Head of Collaborations, Branding & Outreach for the MIT ID Innovation Programme, welcome you all once again, to this thoughtfully curated Innovation journey.
For those interested in becoming top-notch Innovators, we invite you to explore our courses that will fast track your career path. Kickstart your Innovation journey with MIT ID Innovation Programme. Click on https://linktr.ee/mitidinnovation
Stay connected. Stay safe…and keep Innovating every day.