What the hell am I watching right now? This episode is dedicated to reacting to the first Presidential debate of the season, immediately after it ended.
- As Trump spent 99% of his (and everyone else's) time steamrolling and bullying Biden and Chris Wallace, we wonder how anyone can still be undecided in this election?
- While Biden had some nice zingers throughout the night, we're hoping to see more of this in future debates. #shutupman
- While not super frequent, we take some time to discuss the moments in which Trump was noticeably silent for extended periods of time: race relations, election integrity, and climate change. It's because he's scared by these topics, and Biden should use that in future debates.
- Biden shines when he's looking straight into the camera and speaking with the people. We want more of that, and less reacting to the clown on the other side of the stage.
- And just for anyone keeping track at home, Trump wouldn't willingly denounce white supremacy when given the chance to.
- Chris Wallace is seeing criticism for his inability to control the debate stage - what are our thoughts on his job as moderator?
- This week's recommendations will hopefully give you some relief from this dumpster fire of a debate we just witnessed: Stainless steel wipes (Andrew), Hulu's Pen15 (Pam), and rewatching old episodes of the West Wing (Laura).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Bartleby Write (www.getbartleby.com/MILL for 1 month free), Rothy's (https://www.rothys.com/mill), and ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's edition of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- Let's take a break from all the election talk, shall we?
- What's a lie we once told that ended up snowballing into something bigger?
- The Discord comes for Andrew, and they've got receipts!
- What's the best non-sexual feeling in the world?
- Andrew tells us about his lingering childhood fear of Groucho Marx.