Japan's got ghosts
What happens after the sun sets on the land of the rising sun?
This episode is sponsored by Democrats Abroad Japan, a volunteer organization that helps Americans overseas register to vote. If you're a U.S. voter living abroad and haven't received your absentee ballot, or are afraid the one you've sent won't arrive in time, you're still in luck. An emergency backup ballot is your second chance! Head to VoteFromAbroad.org/fwab to learn how you can fill out and send in your backup ballot per your state's guidelines.
- Yuurei: Japanese Ghosts from Protective to Wrathful (Uncanny Japan)
- 10 days of J-horror: Films to get your fill of screams and scares (Mark Schilling, The Japan Times)
- 'Japanese Ghost Stories': The ghostly ascent of Lafcadio Hearn's tales of the supernatural (Damian Flanagan, The Japan Times)
- Unsolved mysteries: Japanese fans of the occult are engaged in a never-ending search for the truth (Alex Martin, The Japan Times)
- The story of Yotsuya Kaidan — The Ghost of Oiwa (Uncanny Japan)
On this episode:
Thersa Matsuura: Twitter | Podcast & Website
Oscar Boyd: Twitter | Articles | Instagram
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out. Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you've enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.