CEEEEELEBRATE GOOD TIMES... COME ON! It's been a long four years and a long election week, but we are finally here! Join us for our post-election analysis and rejoicing!
- It started with a red mirage... and ended with a very blue assist from mail-in ballots.
- How did we react to Saturday's news? Celebratory screaming and... napping?
- STOP. THE. COUNT. but also COUNT. THE. VOTES. Thank you to all the election workers who put themselves at risk to make sure all of our votes were counted!
- Trump and the GOP are still refusing to acknowledge the outcome of the election, and multiple legal avenues are being considered by Bunker Bitch to fight the will of the people.
- We prank call Trump's voter fraud reporting hotline.
- We owe a debt of gratitude to people of color, PARTICULARLY BLACK WOMEN!
- Millennials were disappointing in 2016, and not much better in 2020. Thankfully, Gen Z turned out to show us how it's done.
- Another highlight: Laura's home state of Georiga flipped BLUE! Now, it's onto Georgia's January 5th runoff, which will determine who controls the Senate. To learn more about the Democratic challenegers, check out their websites: Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff.
- The Biden/Harris team is already jumping into doing the work their predescessor won't do.
- Proposition 22 passed in California, meaning that app-based transporation and delivery companies do not need to provide standard benefits to their drivers. How might this impact the rest of the country?
- Pfizer confirms that their vaccine has an effectiveness rate of 90%. NOW POKE US!
- Andrew got his first ever COVID test, and didn't cry like a baby.
- Thank you for decades of entertainment, Alex Trebek. Rest easy.
- Care for your body and soul as we decompress from this long-ass election week: Perfect Bars (Andrew), Amazon Prime's 'Truth Seekers' (Laura), and O'Keefe's working hands lotion.
- This week's episode is sponsored by EliteMD CBD (https://www.elitemdcbd.com/sleep and enter offer code REAL20 for 20% plus free shipping), Barefoot Scientists (https://www.barefootscientist.com and enter code mil for for 20% off plus free shipping), and Stamps.com (https://www.stamps.com and enter code MILL for a 4-week free trial plus free postage and a digital scale). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- How did Laura find out how Alex Trebek passed away? Apparently she blacked out when Andrew texted her.
- We share some additional confessionals from our Patron Confessional Palooza, and Andrew learns the technical name for his new favorite kink.
Trigger warning: two of the confessionals concern child sexual assault.
- What are our holiday plans as covid cases continue to soar?
- How to tell your parents you're not coming home for Christmas.
- "Sorry Grandma, I don't want to be the one who KILLS YOU."