What's The Rush?
Here are the questions you can ask yourself when you start to feel overwhelmed or are experiencing any kind of burnout.
- What is the thought that I caught that is causing me to feel this way?
- Is it true? No? Awesome let it go, it's not your thought to keep.
- Yes? Great then we will double check with 3
- How do you know it's true? What's the proof? Couldn't think of any proof? Awesome let it go, it's not your thought to keep.
- If you did then 4
- What are you making this mean about yourself and is that true?
- NOTE: 99.9% of the time the answer is no. If you come up with yes, what if you took on that it wasn't true. Going back to my example of me feeling like I was too young? Who do you think told me that? No one. I made it up. Who told me I wasn't smart enough, no one. I made that up too based off of a bad experience I had when I was 8 years old. Take on that you might have made it up too.
- Only when you let the self-sabotaging thought go will you then ask yourself question 5.
- What is the smallest thing that I can do to move myself in the right direction now?
- Create a list of 1-3 small actions that you can do right now.
BONUS: Share with a friend that you know will hold you accountable to your list. The more people you share with the more likely you are gonna get it done.