Jacqueline Gold has been the CEO of AnnSummers for over thirty years, and we think after listening to this you’ll understand why she’s an inspiration to people everywhere. Taking over AnnSummers in 1987, she is now one of the richest people in the UK, and is worth over £400 million.
At the beginning of her CEO journey, no one saw what she saw, that women might be interested in sex. Taking over a company run by and for men, AnnSummers and the sex industry was transformed by empowering a new audience, women. Female empowerment remains at the heart of everything she does.
Jacqueline has had to overcome a lot of demons and obstacles in her life, but the attitude she’s employed to tackle these is nothing short of incredible. Jacqueline is an example of the power of approaching life with optimism and generosity, no matter what it throws at you.
- Your early years - a traumatic childhood
- Being a shy person
- Using work as an escape
- Physical consequences from emotional trauma
- How hard times have shaped me - Breast cancer
- The importance of being optimistic - The pandemic
- AnnSummers - your journey
- Receiving a bullet in the post
- Discrimination as a female CEO
- Putting a stop to a bully culture
- Your relationship with money
- Your worst day in business
- Your partner
- The passing of your child - IVF treatment
- Being poisoned by your nanny
- Your conclusive life advice
- Our new question segment