How Are Spells Created? Discussing the Physics of Harry Potter
- Welcome to this week's special guest, Laura's boyfriend Marc!
- Marc is a game designer with a passion for physics.
- A new trailer for Hogwarts Legacy has debuted, and we now know what all versions of the game will cost us. You might need to break into Gringotts to be able to afford the Collectors Edition!?
- Main Discussion: The physics of Harry Potter
- Just what is 'physics' and what answers does the study of physics seek to find?
- In the Wizarding World, is there a cost for doing magic? What kind of magic seems limitless, and what kind does not?
- Where does magical ability come from and how does it work?
- Are new magical spells created, or discovered?
- Next the MuggleCasters ask: where does the food come from, and where does your sh** go?
- What do our known laws (such as conservation of mass) have in common with Gamp's known laws of Elemental Transfiguration? We go point by point.
- Does the Vanishing Charm break down an object's atoms, or teleport it to a different dimension?
- In this week's Bonus MuggleCast available exclusively to Patrons, the hosts examine the physics of some magical objects including Invisibility Cloaks, Time Turners and Dumbledore's Deluminator.
- Quizzitch: In Year 4, What does Ron smush in anger after Draco taunts him about having inside-Ministry information regarding the TriWizard Tournament?
- Next week's episode: The hosts are building their own Hogwarts lesson! Come prepared for lectures and a pop quiz!
- This week's episode is brought to you by Backbone! Go to PlayBackbone.com/mugglecast NOW to order your Backbone. For a limited
time, and get FREE access to over 350 console games and perks.