Cherokee Scout News Update | David Brown
• The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians Tribal Council has approved building a casino behind Snap-on Tools just outside the Murphy town limits.
• It may seem like a tall tale, but trout fishing has a big impact on the local economy.
• Six local residents have been sentenced for illegal wildlife activities, including baiting bears with candy.
• In Sports, Mark Bolyard and David Badger push themselves to the limit in outdoors adventure races.
• In Community, Martins Creek School students are learning to make music in different ways.