The Black Isle Railway (7 of 10)

over 4 years ago, Fortrose, Highland, Scotland

The Black Isle Railway was originally a branch of the Highland Railway network. It carried passengers from 1894 until 1951 (freight until 1960) and ran from Muir of Ord to Fortrose with intermediary stations at Redcastle, Allangrange, Munlochy and Avoch. In this audio extract from 2006, a resident of Fortrose talks about the area during war time.

Image: Black Isle Railway Bridge, Munlochy
© Janine Donald
AlbaResearch over 4 years ago