Alvaro Recoba – waster or wunderkind?
Jimbo, James Horncastle and Gab Marcotti are chatting about El Chino this week on the Totally Italian Football Show.
In a team containing Ronaldo, Zamorano and Djorkaeff, Uruguayan striker Alvaro Recoba was the man who Inter owner Massimo Moratti described as ‘quite simply football’
Or to look at it from a less favourable point of view, was Recoba the biggest underachiever in the history of Serie A? He hated training but he loved to score direct from corners. It’s a story that features fishing, Pro Evo and Princess Diana.
Elsewhere, we discuss the implications of Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta’s sudden departure and the impact it could have on Serie A’s winning machine.
• PART 1: Alvaro Recoba – a lazy underachiever? (00m 45s)
• PART 2a: Recoba’s Inter Milan debut in 1997 (05m 10s)
• PART 2b: Recoba’s long-range expertise (09m 50s)
• PART 2c: Recoba’s star shines at Venezia (12m 00s)
• PART 2d: Recoba returns to the San Siro – a massive pay rise and a passport scandal (17m 30s)
• PART 3a: Recoba’s post-Inter career (23m 45s)
• PART 3b: Final thoughts on Recoba (25m 00s)
• PART 4a: Reviewing the Rome Derby and Juventus v Napoli (27m 10s)
• PART 4b: AC Milan progress report (30m 10s)
• PART 4c: Genoa - Krzysztof Piatek's goals and Enrico Preziosi’s accent (33m 10s)
• PART 5: The sudden exit of Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta (36m 30s)
GET IN TOUCH:
• find us on Facebook, where you’ll find video, photos and loads of other stuff.
• send us a tweet: @theTotallyShow
• for sales and advertising email email@example.com