AARP - Absentee Voting

Oct 24, 2018, 07:27 PM

On November 6 Connecticut voters will be going to the polls to cast their ballots. But what if there's something preventing you from voting in person? QUALIFIED VOTERS can simply report to their municipal Town Clerk's office to apply for and complete an absentee ballot. If you are an active member of the armed forces of the United States; scheduled to be out of town during all hours of voting on Election Day; if you have an illness preventing you from voting in person, or have religious beliefs that prevent you from performing secular activities like voting; if you will be working as an election official at a polling place other than your own on Election Day; or if you have a physical disability that prevents you from voting in person, you are eligible to vote absentee.