Introduction to safeguarding overview
An introduction to safeguarding children and young people during activities and events. As a small or new organisation/group, you might feel overwhelmed when thinking about your safeguarding responsibilities.
- advice, tips and guidance on safeguarding to get you started
- common challenges organisations face when addressing safeguarding issues
- bringing organisations up to speed with current legislation
- the need for organisations to tailor policies and procedures
- keeping communication channels open between children and organisations.
- Host - Chris Cloke, previous Head of Safeguarding in Communities at the NSPCC
- Cate Meredith, Senior Consultant for NSPCC’s Safeguarding in Communities team
- Heidi Bradley, Club Support Manager for England Athletics and Ambassador for Brass Bands England on Safeguarding
View the podcast transcript on the NSPCC Learning website.