Introduction to safeguarding overview
As a small or new organisation/group, you might feel overwhelmed when thinking about your safeguarding responsibilities.
In this episode, we focus on:
- advice, tips and guidance on safeguarding to get you started
- common challenges organisations face when addressing safeguarding issues
- bringing organisations up to speed with current legislation
- the need for organisations to tailor policies and procedures
- keeping communication channels open between children and organisations.
- Host - Chris Cloke, previous Head of Safeguarding in Communities at the NSPCC
- Cate Meredith, Senior Consultant for NSPCC’s Safeguarding in Communities team
- Heidi Bradley, Club Support Manager for England Athletics and Ambassador for Brass Bands England on Safeguarding
These podcasts were produced as part of a partnership led by NCVO, funded by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the National Lottery Fund within the Safeguarding Training Fund programme.
View the podcast transcript on the NSPCC Learning website.