"By The Spirit", Class 3, "Walk By The Spirit", Thames Valley churches of Christ, Malcolm Cox
- Romans 7 - to which Romans 8 is the answer - a Spirit-guided response - 8:27
- Rom 8:9 - we are in the realm of the Spirit, v12-13 we can put to death the old life
- All I dislike about this world will be improved by a more Christ-like version of me.
- One of our aspirations: “always free but spiritual”, Galatians 5:13
- Solution provided by God so that we can walk in the right direction, Rom 8.26-27:
- Spirit is on our side
- Spirit prays for us
- Spirit moves us towards the will of God
- Matt 7:15, fruit makes us recognisable for who we are, 7:19-20.
- Not ‘normal’ levels of human qualities - but Jesus-level!
- That’s why we need the Spirit’s life in us (Spirit of Christ, Rom 8.9), 2 Cor 3:17-18
- Direction, not arrival; Process, not product; Lifetime, not year
- John Mark - from hindrance to helpful: Acts 15:37–38 / 2 Timothy 4:11
- Growing in the Spirit makes us ready for service
- Treating one another right, 5.26
- Helping one another when we stray, 6.1-2
- Remembering we are human too, Gal 6.3
- A peacemaker, Matthew 5:9
- People of “The Way”: Acts 9:2; 19.9, 23; 24.14, 22
- Walking in a particular and different direction:
- Walking away
- Walking towards
- Walking with
- Gal 5.6b; 6:10
- What does each of these points mean for you and your ‘group’?
- How will you adjust the way you pray & live as a result?
- Do you have questions about the Spirit? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
mccx, Malcolm Cox, Watford, Croxley Green, teaching, preaching, spiritual disciplines, public speaking, corporate worship, Sunday Sample, Corporate Worship Matters, Tuesday Teaching Tips, Quiet Time Coaching, Coach.me, coaching, coach me, coaching near me, coach, online coaching, savior, quiet time, devotion, God, Jesus, Pray, prayer, malcolm’s, cox,