Sometimes we’re given a topic or text to preach. Sometimes we’re following a series we’ve already selected. But, from time to time, we have freedom to choose. What happens when you have this opportunity, but do not know what to speak about?
Here are three tips:
1. Go ask
- Pray to discover what is troubling you or exciting you.
- Ask God for insight as to what's going on in your own life and heart.
2. Go serve
- Get involved with people.
- Then reflect on what God is teaching you and showing you.
3. Go repent
- Is there something nagging at your conscience?
- Repent, get refreshed (Acts 3.19), and share the joy of your repentance.
What do you do when you don’t know what to preach on? Do you have a tried-and-tested method? Please share it here.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
“Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” (Psalms 100:2 NIV11)
God bless, Malcolm
mccx, Malcolm Cox, Watford, Croxley Green, teaching, preaching, spiritual disciplines, public speaking, corporate worship, Sunday Sample, Corporate Worship Matters, Tuesday Teaching Tips, Quiet Time Coaching, Coach.me, coaching, coach me, coaching near me, coach, online coaching, savior, quiet time, devotion, God, Jesus, Pray, prayer, malcolm’s, cox,