Do Metrics Undermine Strategy? Depends on What and Where You Measure!
Business Second Opinion Podcast digs deep to answer questions about business and business practice, you may not know you need to ask. But we believe you should be asking for the benefit of your understanding and your businesses ethics and practice. In the process of answering them, we give you a second opinion, usually a contrarian opinion, but that is well tested and proven to give the outcomes you really want without the side effects.
In today’s show, we examined:
This episode is the first of two on the debate, even the war between the idea of hierarchies as the best way to manage people-or not; for the business for the people being managed. We examine and debunk three myths in these two episodes.
* * * * *
FIND US AT BusinessSecondOpinion.com.
• For more extensive show notes from today’s episode
• To offer topics or an article to critique
• To share your own experience with our ideas
• To sign up for our newsletter
* * * * *
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH CAROL SANFORD EVENTS OR HER WAY OF THINKING
• Explore how you can learn to apply the alternative approaches offered in Business Second Opinion.
Participate in The Regenerative Business Development Community series with 10-12 other business. Options include: Strategic Thinking/Business Development or Leadership of Industry and Market.
The Regenerative Business Summit: a one-day event (4 Time Zones- USA eastern and western state, EMEA, Deep Pacific) on Strategic thinking and Leadership for non-displace-ability in your markets. Meet others who have been doing this successfully and making a difference.
• Pursue how Carol gets to the ideas she does. Explore how to integrate Systemic Critical Thinking Skills, based on a Living Systems Paradigm into your practice of coaching, consulting, and mentoring. Join the Change Agent Development Community. Four online or local options
Explore joining the community or email Carol
• Apply the concepts in the Business Second Opinion Podcast to roles you personally play in and beyond business. E.g. parent, designer, earth tender, educator, media content creator, entrepreneur, citizen, economic shaper, spirit resource (coach, ministering, therapist). Join, for free, The Regenerative Human Book Project Check it out. Email to join or ask questions.
• Read Carol’s books or join a book club
The Regenerative Business: Redesign Work, Cultivate Human Potential, Achieve Extraordinary Outcomes
The Responsible Entrepreneur: Four Game-Changing Archetypes for Founders, Leaders, and Impact Investors
The Responsible Business: Reimagining Sustainability and Success
No More Feedback: Cultivate Consciousness at Work
Her books have won over 15 awards so far and are required reading at leading business and management schools including Harvard, Stanford, Haas Berkeley and MIT and almost 100 other academic institutions. Carol also partners with producing Executive Education through Babson College, Kaospilot in Denmark and University of Washington, Bothell, WA, sponsored by The Lewis Institute at Babson.
* * * * *
DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR?
• Please rate and review this podcast wherever you go for podcasts.
• Donating = Co-creating (bringing something meaningful and significant into the world, together)
We love bringing you a second opinion on toxic ideas in business. We examine alternatives— from history to underlying paradigms. Our gift is clear thinking and discerning wisdom.
Engage with us. Raise your voice. Join us in co-creation. Don’t let toxic practices go quietly into the world, unexamined.
If our podcast stirs you up, knocks you back on your heels or just makes you jump for joy, consider joining now as a spontaneous or sustaining patron.
• This podcast was sponsored by REBBL. The show notes are sponsored by Numi Tea. Please support our podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Carol Sanford and Zac Swartout, co-producers