E28 - Pete Browne: Professional rugby player | The freedom of having an identity in Christ
Oct 04, 2019, 05:00 AM
Danno interviews former professional rugby union player Peter Browne.
Peter Browne played professional rugby for 12 years - starting out at Newcastle Falcons and finishing up in Ulster after a career including great success, first at Harlequins and then at London Welsh.
In October 2018, Pete announced his retirement from pro rugby due to medical reasons, involving multiple concussions.
In this chat with Graham Daniels he touches on:
- The secrets of the success at Harlequins
- The psychology of dealing with major repeated injuries
- The freedom of having an identity in Jesus first and foremost
- Making big decisions about moving clubs
- How he dealt with not being selected in his last few years
- His motivation for speaking of Jesus to his team-mates