Out Of The Past: Madhumati and Woh Kaun Thi?
- Our Noirvember playlist
- What exactly is film noir? hint: it’s not a genre
- Mr. & Mrs. 55: Defining Bollywood Film Noir
- Our first Bimal Roy and our first Vyjayanthimala
- “Aaja Re Pardesi Main,” “Zulmi Sang Aankh Ladi,” “Dil Tadap Tadap Ke,” “Ghadi Ghadi Meraa Dil,” and “Chadh Gayo Papi Bichua”
(INTERVAL (“Tiki Riki Tiki Riki” from Woh Kaun Thi?)
- Woh Kaun Thi?
- The most noir Hindi film?
- “Chodkar Tere Pyar Ka Daman,” “Lag Jaa Gale,” “Aap Kyon Royen,” and “Shokh Nazar Ki Bijliyaan”
NEXT TIME: Gandhi: The Decolonization Of British India and Rang De Basanti