Massive Attack, banned songs, doughnuts
CMU’s Andy Malt and Chris Cooke review key events in music and the music business from recent weeks, including Massive Attack’s plans to take climate scientists out on the road with them, offensives songs on the radio, and alternative music formats from doughnuts to socks. Setlist is sponsored by 7digital.
• Massive Attack taking climate scientists on tour to study carbon footprint of live music
• Massive Attack to stage “super-low carbon emissions show” in Liverpool
• Blue Mink’s Melting Pot causes another radio station reprimand from OfCom
• BBC presenter kicks off Christmas tradition of banning Fairytale Of New York
• Robin Richards to release new EP in doughnut form
• JME releases new album on physical formats only