What's the secret to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's longevity?
Shinzo Abe is now Japan's longest serving prime minister, and is approaching his 3,000th day in office. The Japan Times politics reporter Sakura Murakami discusses this remarkable run and what it is about Abe that's kept him in power. Hosted by Oscar Boyd.
- Abe becomes Japan's longest-serving prime minister (Sakura Murakami, The Japan Times)
- Diet deliberations slow as opposition hounds government over cherry blossom-viewing scandal (Sakura Murakami, The Japan Times
- Sakura Murakami's reporting on Japanese politics
- In diplomatic debut, new environment minister Shinjiro Koizumi pledges to make action on climate change 'sexy' (The Japan Times)
- The legacy of The Tokyo Riots (Deep Dive podcast)
- British Pathe's film archive of Japanese Prime Minister Nobusuke Kishi
Follow Deep Dive on Twitter: twitter.com/japandeepdive
Photo by AFP-JIJI