Grammy Awards special
CMU’s Andy Malt and Chris Cooke review key events in music and the music business from the last seven days, which this week makes it a Grammy Awards special. Because the run-up to this year's ceremony was pretty dramatic. When recently appointed Recording Academy CEO was placed on "administrative leave" ten days before the event, a war of words erupted with accusations of sexual harrassment, corruption and vote fixing. Plus there was a thing with Aerosmith. Setlist is sponsored by 7digital.
• Boss of US Recording Academy put on “administrative leave” after allegations of misconduct
• Ousted boss promises to expose what happens when you “step up” at the Recording Academy
• Recording Academy says CEO demanded millions to go quietly
• Ousted Recording Academy CEO goes nuclear in legal filing alleging sexual harassment, rape claims, corruption, misogyny and vote fixing
• Former Grammy Awards boss Neil Portnow and others respond to allegations made by Deborah Dugan
• Aerosmith drummer sues his bandmates ahead of Grammy Weekend appearances