Why does coffee make you poop? Why do some animals eat their own poop? And just how much do you poop in your lifetime? All these poop related questions (and a whole lot more) are answered by our intrepid science reporters, Jeanna and Mindy.
Below you can find links to further reading on the topics discussed in this episode.
- Research from the 1990s found that when some people drink coffee they experience a response in the gastrointestinal system just minutes later
- This is called coprophagia and common in the animal kingdom
- For many animals it helps them digest more nutrients
- The number can vary due to age, dietary habits, exercise and other factors
- On average both men and women move their bowels about once a day and produce about 14 to 17 ounces of feces
Music by Chad Crouch - Algorithms