Episode 138 - Antonio Gianola of Houston Wine Merchant
Today on the podcast Eric is joined by returning co-host Rebecca Masson of Fluff Bake Bar to discuss the latest news in the Houston restaurant/bar scene. Eric speaks with Rebecca about reopening Fluff Bake Bar in the middle of the Covid-19 health crisis, the problems with Yelp during this unprecedented time, and the programs available to unemployed restaurant/bar employees. Then in a bonus piece of the news of the week Eric is joined by Adam Brackman of Axelrad to discuss the provisions provided to small businesses via the CARES act and how those provisions can help local restaurateurs. In the Restaurants of the Week portion Rebecca and Eric discuss what places they've been ordering food from. In the Guest of the Week section, Eric is joined by Antonio Gianola of Houston Wine Merchant. Eric speaks with Antonio about how Antonio became interested in wine, where his career began, working with Chris Shepherd, his time in Italy, getting started with Houston Wine Merchant, and much more!
- 7 Favorite To-Go Dishes from Houston Restaurants Offer Memorable Meals
- Texans Star's Donation Helps Montrose Restaurant Feed Unemployed Workers
- Houston's 'Bread Man' Rises with Massive Expansion in H-E-B Stores
- Chris Shepherd's Foundation Fires Up Crucial Emergency Aid for Restaurant Workers
- Acclaimed Houston Chef Delivers New Grocery Store to Needy Neighborhood