In conversation with: Sydney King Lucas Walker
Episode 110, May 26, 2020, 12:44 AM
Sydney King Lucas Walker joins me to talk all kinds s**t
- D1 v D2 and how that conversation mirrors the Next Stars Program. Playing time vs Pro experience
- NBL Media & Content consumption habits of Waxy and the Kings
- What kind of media NBL players want to consume? Matthew Adekponya and The Foundation Club?
- Player generated media…
- NBL19 vs NBL20 (from Cairns 6-22 to Sydney 20-8). Which season did Waxy prefer? Day and night.
- Role assignment in the NBL
- The player-agent relationship in the NBL
- What was it like being the last guy signed for NBL20?
- Selling yourself to a GM?
- Analytics - are stats a good measure of a player’s worth?
- Weaver losses his s**t!
- Xavier Cooks, Kuany Kuany sadly gets cut and Waxy gets worried!
- NBL rookie hazing
- The horrible December run (3W-5L) what happened?
- Does Coach Will Weaver chew out players or flame the team after big losses?
- How does Waxy explain Kickert’s huge resurgence at age 36?
- The comeback and smashing by United in the Semi Finals
- Were the Kings too friendly?
- What was the bigger foul? Reggie’s push on Jordan or Lisch’s push on Trimble?
- The Game 3 adjustment versus Melbourne United to win that series
- The Grand Final - what was the defensive strategy on Cotton?
- AAU Defence and ‘The Drops’
- Casper Ware’s struggles and the attempts to rectify it
- The Last Dance’s ‘get out and play’ rating