“Where does joy come from?”, Psalm 126 - sermon for the Watford church of Christ
- They are surprised - can this really be happening?
- Joy is significant - fruit of Spirit, Gal 5.22-23
- Joy is different from pleasure
- “All Joy reminds. It is never a possession, always a desire for something longer ago or further away or still “about to be.” CS Lewis
- Question: “What has the Lord done for you?”
- They want the present to catch up with the past - perhaps we need this too….
- Take time to do this
- Many reasons non-believers might talk about us as Christians, but perhaps joy is the best reason
- Remembrance brings them joy and leads them to pray for a refreshed experience.
- How do they live in the meantime?
- They live in the real world - tears, weeping
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Matthew 5:4.
- Sometimes sorrow and joy go together
- They go out sowing
- Waiting for the harvest
- A confident patience - “will”
- Remember & request - vision of the fruitfulness
- Our sorrow turns to joy - John 16:22–24
- Hebrews 12:1-3.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.