Black Lives Matter (Recorded Remotely)
Black Lives Matter. Ryan, Hillary, and Kelso share recommendations for books by and about Black Folx, and share resources that support the Black Community as well.
In this episode, Ryan, Hillary, and Kelso share a few recommendations for books by and about Black folx.
In the show notes, please find links to resources for supporting the Black Lives Matter Movement, supporting Black Trans Lives, Black-Owned Bookstores, Black-Led Podcasts, and more.
Click the link in order to purchase the book from our store, or click the "Libro.fm" link to get the Audiobook from Libro.fm.
Thanks for shopping local!
Books Mentioned During This Episode
- The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas (Libro.fm)
- The Only Black Girls in Town - Brandy Colbert (Libro.fm)
- The City We Became - N.K. Jemisin (Libro.fm)
- Such a Fun Age - Kiley Reid (Libro.fm)
- Saturday - Oge Mora (Libro.fm)
- Ada Twist, Scientist - Andrea Beaty (Libro.fm)
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave - Frederick Douglass (Libro.fm)
- 12 Years a Slave - Solomon Northrup (Libro.fm)
- Beloved - Toni Morrison (Libro.fm)
- Kindred - Octavia Butler (Libro.fm)
- The Fire Next Time - James Baldwin (Libro.fm)
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X - Malcolm X
- Between the World and Me - Ta-Nahisi Coates (Libro.fm)
- Citizen - Claudia Rankine (Libro.fm)
- White Fragility - Robin DiAngelo (Libro.fm)
- How to Be an Antiracist - Ibram X. Kendi (Libro.fm)
- Stamped from the Beginning - Ibram X Kendi (Libro.fm)
- Me and White Supremacy - Layla F. Saad (Libro.fm)
- Real Life - Brandon Taylor (Libro.fm)
- Revolutionary Suicide - Huey P. Newton
- A Song of Wraiths & Ruin - Roseanne A. Brown (Libro.fm)
- Here For It - R. Eric Thomas (Libro.fm)
- Wow, No Thank You - Samantha Irby (Libro.fm)
- Meaty - Samantha Irby (Libro.fm)
- We Are Never Meeting in Real Life - Samantha Irby (Libro.fm)
SUPPORT BLACK TRANS LIVES
- Purchase Gift Certificates!
- Shop by Appointment!
- Browse our website by Category!
- Order some curated bundles!
- Donate to the bookstore!
- Check out our Events Calendar!