Warehouse Safety Tips | Episode 40 | 3 Ways To Avoid Slips
Welcome to Warehouse Safety Tips!
And now that all that is out of the way - let's get to the Podcast!
- 6S Methodology (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, and Safety). By striving to make your facility more safe, productive, and organized every day - hopefully you'll find and prevent slip hazards before they occur.
- Even though you can't always know what's going to cause slips - there are some usual situations to watch out for. This could include (But isn't limited to):
- Weather. Especially rain, ice, and snow. If you know you and your staff are going to track in these various forms of moisture - try to get ahead of the situation with absorbent mats, Wet Floor Signs, regular mopping, fans, and anything else you can do to keep surfaces dry.
- Machines / Vehicles that leak water, fuel, oil, and/or lubricates. First do whatever you can to stop these leaks. What you can't stop - be sure to make staff aware of the situation and try to clean leaks up as they occur. Having spill containment products at the ready will greatly aid with areas like this.
- Safety Floor Markings and Signs. Making your staff aware of areas that are or could become slick - is a great step towards preventing slips. This can be done with temporary and permanent signs - as well as with tape and floor markings. In reference to tape - not only can tape direct people to move within safe areas and/or alert them to areas that need attention. It can also provide stability in the form of anti-slip and/or gripping tape.
Before moving on - here's a word from one of our sponsors.
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line's peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation - and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily - and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line's Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don't have what you're looking for in stock - their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you're looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least - Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips - and have a SAFE day!